Directions to Mauna Kea Resort
Directions from Keahole-Kona International Airport (KOA) to Mauna Kea Beach Hotel
- As you leave the Airport, turn left onto Queen Kaahumanu Highway 19, heading toward Kawaihae.
- Drive north about 27 miles, approximately 30 minutes.
- Half-way point: After about 15 minutes you will come to a stoplight (near the Waikoloa Resort area), from this point you are half way there.
- 2-mile landmark: Look for the signs for the small town of Puako (from this turn off you are about 2 miles from the hotel entrance).
- 1-mile landmark: You'll pass the state highway sign for Hapuna Beach State Park, go over the overpass and look to the for the entrance to The Westin Hapuna Beach Resort (Hapuna at Mauna Kea Resort) which is approximately close to a mile past the park sign. There you will enter to the right and approach gatehouse where staff will greet you and direct you to the resort.
- If you go past the Hapuna entrance and a little further down the highway on the left side, you'll see a lava rock wall with "Mauna Kea' on the side. You will need to turn into the driveway and approach gatehouse where staff will greet you and direct you to the hotel.
- For those guests checking into our Mauna Kea Residences, please use same directions as The Westin Hapuna Beach Resort. The check in office is located in the the lobby of the hotel.