We are excited to share that Mauna Kea Resort—comprised of the historic Mauna Kea Beach Hotel and luxurious The Westin Hapuna Beach Resort on the Island of Hawaii’s rugged Kohala Coast— have both achieved top-25 placements in this year’s “Best Hawaii Hotels & Resorts” as voted by U.S. News & World Report.
Each property is a celebration of the Aloha spirit, rich cultural and environmental offerings, and world-class hospitality the state of Hawaiʻi is renowned for. Out of more than 6,000 hotels evaluated in the U.S., Prince Resorts Hawaii’s singular hotels and resorts offer guests first-class service, luxurious comfort, and a tropical getaway experience that celebrates Hawaiian culture and land.
- Mauna Kea Beach Hotel (#3 hotel on the Island of Hawaiʻi; #17 hotel in Hawaiʻi): Opened in 1965 by Laurance S. Rockefeller, Mauna Kea Beach Hotel continues its timeless legacy on the golden Kohala Coast of Hawai‘i Island. Tucked away along an idyllic beach cove with a sparkling white sand beach, the resort celebrates the ocean, land, and aloha spirit of Hawaiʻi. Mauna Kea Beach Hotel offers 252 spacious guest rooms and suites with private lanai and scenic ocean or golf course views as well as four restaurants & lounges including the beachfront Hau Tree and stunning open-air Manta restaurant. Resort amenities also include an outdoor swimming pool with luxury cabanas; Mauna Kea Spa by Mandara; a 2,500 square foot fitness center; the award-winning 18-hole Mauna Kea Golf Course which established Hawaiʻi as a golfer’s paradise; the 11-court Seaside Tennis Club; and a daily Keiki Club for children ages 5-12. Beach services include beach umbrellas and padded chaise lounges while ocean activities include snorkeling, kayaking and stand-up paddle boarding.
- WHAT’S NEW: Mauna Kea Beach Hotel offers one of the most awarded luaus in the state; bookable Gray Malin suites featuring photography from his exclusive photo series partnership; nighttime manta swims; romantic sunset dinners on Mauna Kea Golf Course’s iconic Hole No. 3 overlooking the ocean; a NEW 2022 “Icons of Wine” dinner series and wine tasting events paying homage to the founding of Opus One wine, which was dreamt up at the resort over 20 years ago.
- The Westin Hapuna Beach Resort (#4 hotel on the Island of Hawaii; #20 resort in Hawaii): Following a $50 million renovation in 2018, The Westin Hapuna Beach Resort has established itself as a premier luxury resort on the picturesque Koahala Coast. With 249 guest rooms and suites, award-winning golf, idyllic Pacific Ocean sunsets, a luxury spa and fitness center, and one of the best Mediterranean-inspired restaurants on the Island of Hawaii, The Westin Hapuna Beach Resort is a tropical oasis for multi-generational families, couples, and adventurers.
- WHAT’S NEW: In 2022 The Westin Hapuna Beach Resort debuted its new Mauna Kea resort Cultural Center, where guests can register for beach activities and participate in lei making and ukulele classes, hula classes, and discover antiques and Pacific Rim artifacts. The resort also boasts a robust sustainability initiative, including rotating menu items at Meridia restaurant featuring wild boar from the Island of Hawaii as a means of combatting controlling environmental damage by overpopulation on the island.
- Prince Waikiki (#4 hotel on Oahu; #12 hotel in Hawaii): Situated at the gateway into Waikiki, Prince Waikiki is a AAA Four-Diamond oceanfront hotel that offers a picture-perfect marina setting and easy access Honolulu’s trendiest neighborhoods, city street art and progressive retail and restaurant developments. Prince Waikiki features 563 spacious guest rooms and suites all with ocean views, panoramic floor-to-ceiling windows, and stylish contemporary furnishings. It is also home to the award-winning 100 Sails Restaurant & Bar; an ocean-view rooftop with an infinity pool; an open-air lobby lounge featuring modern Hawaiian artwork; and multi-use indoor and outdoor venues for events and weddings.
- WHAT’S NEW: Hawaii Prince Golf Club, a 27-hole course on the sunny Ewa Plain, debuted a new driving range, new tennis courts, and youth golf and tennis academies in 2022; 100 Sails Restaurant & Bar introduces sustainability-driven dishes utilizing greens and herbs grown in the hotel’s rooftop aquaponics garden; re-vamped Prince Preferred program for exclusive booking offers, upgrades, and more.